The Raise Production Velocity Tube (VT) has been designed with the ultimate in safety features in the industry. The VT is a wireline-run tubing extension that maximizes well production. The smaller ID of the Velocity Tubing greatly increases gas and fluid flow velocity allowing liquids to be lifted. Installation of the VT can also improve the performance of an Interlift (Intermitter) system to further maximize production.
- Designed to be used in a well, with or without a packer completion where there are two different flow regimes caused by the production string being landed high in relation to the perforated interval.
- In wells that are experiencing slugging in the lower wellbore due to pressure loses and inconsistent fluid production. This prevents the well (that is close to the critical rate) from unloading.
The key features of the Velocity Tube are the many built-in safety features and ease of retrieving the equipment.
- The best safety features in the industry.
- Allows liquids to be lifted by increasing velocity and increasing drawdown at the perforations.
- Low risk, low cost solution.
- Uses standard slick line or braided line depending on velocity string length and weight.
- No need for costly workover to lower tubing to desired depth and will eliminate the costs associated with packer milling, packer manipulation and other operations associated with conventional tubing string extension.
Focus on Safety
Knock Out Plug
- Carefully designed to handle maximum pressures and not shear with the hydraulic effects of well fluid.
- Attach onto the velocity tube to prevent fluids and gases from entering the Velocity Tube.
- Positively engages the retaining body to ensure the plug remains in place and will not shear unless a downward jarring motion is exerted using ¾” wire line tools.
- Uses a 3 part system that equalizes internally when the velocity string enters the fluid level of the well. This allows the string to be manipulated without risk of losing the plug prematurely – an important feature in longer string lengths.
- Uses an equalization port system to equalize any differential pressure from the well bore to the ID of the velocity string after the pack off has been set. This feature eliminates the wire line string from being blown up the hole when knocking out the plug.
The Raise Production Knock Out Plug is an essential safety feature for anyone working in the oilpatch.
Positive Ram Placement (PRP)
- Designed to positively indicate when the Velocity Tube is properly positioned in the BOP thus eliminating the need for wire line depth measurement.
- Designed to be mechanically exact and provides the safest, most accurate method available for placement of pipe rams on the velocity string.
- Ensures that the velocity string collar is below the bop ram to prevent any potential movement of the velocity.
- Can be placed in the top of the string in the event that the wire line lubricator has to be removed for any length of time.
- Allows the .875 or 1.125 plug to run through it and also allows a pumping fluid path in the event of Knock Out Plug or wire line plug failure.
Landing (Plug) Nipples
- Placed on the bottom of the Raise Production Velocity String to isolate the Flowtube from well pressures during installation and servicing and allows removal of the string under pressure if desired.
- Uses standard .875” seal bore and lock profile on the 1.315” strings and 1.125” on the 1.660”.
- Provides flexibility to run longer length velocity strings in buckled tubing (due to packers being set in compression)
- Allows 4-6 degrees of flexibility and is usually run every 20-30 meters to help eliminate hold up or drag.
- Ensures that the Velocity Tube lands at the same location everytime and ensures that the BOP RAM’s are closed at the correct place everytime.