Raise Production's Conventional Intermitters are the simplest form of interface between gas and liquids in the wellbore and are recommended in wells that have insufficient gas velocities to support a DynaFlow Intermitter.
There are three types of Conventional Intermitters:
- Hollow or Solid Ring
The Pad Intermitter operates effectively at 4-6 ft./sec. velocity. The spring loaded pads and dog nut create a dynamic seal to lift fluids in low pressure wells and wells with packers that need an effective packing system
- Effective pad design reduces the required operating velocities when compare to full ring style continuous plungers.
- Designed with minimal internal diameter to reduce wear and improve flow.
- Moves liquids in wells that have varying volumes of liquid.
Constructed from durable high metal alloys for extra strength, the Brush Intermitter is designed for use in wells with velocities of 8-10 ft./sec. that are experiencing sand or solids in the wellbore.
The spirally wound rows of Nylex create an excellent seal with the tubing. The flexibility of the brushes allows the Intermitter to travel smoothly up and down the wellbore despite the presence of irregularities along the tubing wall. With a mandrel specially designed to maximize tool life, the Brush Intermitter is a good option for specific applications.
- High seal efficiency
- Completely field serviceable
- Removable brushes can be replaced quickly reducing downtime
- Uses API Standard Fishing Neck
Hollow Ring/Solid Ring Intermitter
Raise Production’s Solid and Hollow Ring Intermitters are suited to environments with higher gas to liquid ratios. Changes to Intermitter weight and diameter can be made to accommodate lower permeability reservoirs in situations of decreased well bore and annular storage.
The Hollow Ring Intermitter is a bored out version of the Solid Ring for reduced weight that improves cycle times without sacrificing durability. Great for applications with low gas and liquid velocities and wells with asphaltine, paraffin, and other build-up problems.
- Rigid grooves on outer surface that create turbulent seal and eliminate build-up in the tubing.
- Increases operating efficiency and lowers friction.
- Removes free liquids or droplets from the tubing walls, leaving a light film as lubrication.
- Available in mild, stainless, heat treated steels, and specialty alloys – materials chosen for extended wear
- API Standard Fishing Neck.
Note: For wells where the shut-in time needs to be minimized the Conventional Intermitter is available in a DynaFlow configuration for increased drop speeds.